It has been a full day. Full of summer.
- harvested for Saturday’s market and CSA shares
- gleaned a whole lot of strawberries for the freezer from our very kind farmer friends
- swam in the pool (or knitted/read/made lists while watching the small ones swim in the pool)
- drank gallons of water
- got sweaty and hot and loved it (mostly)
- picked cherries
- washed and sorted and froze the whole lot of strawberries
- cooked and ate three delicious farm meals
- washed the dishes, swept the floor, and hung close on the line
- read stories and played with the kitty and tucked the children in to bed
- finished washing and bundling veggies under the stars
And this is why I didn’t work on this week’s farm newsletter all day. But I am sure it is not just our family busy enjoying the song of summer, so I am thinking this week, the lovely harvest can mostly speak for itself.